PAE Seeking Vice President, Safeguard and Security (SAS) and Emergency & First Responders (E&FR)
Summary: Looking for a retired 0-6/0-5/Chief. Current TS clearance required. Nuclear base experience or work with DOE also very helpful. The location is near Richland, Washington. Here is the application link with the fuller job description:
Position Title: Vice President, Safeguards and Security (SAS) and Emergency & First Responders (E&FR)
Position Description: As a member of the executive leadership team, the candidate will be responsible for delivery of comprehensive, high-quality safeguards and security (SAS) and emergency and first response (E&FR) services under the Hanford Mission Essential Services Contract (HMESC) at the Department of Energy’s (DOE) 586-square mile Hanford Site near Richland, Washington. The candidate will directly supervise the Hanford Patrol Chief and Hanford Fire Chief, and others as assigned. The Hanford Patrol Chief leads the protective/security force to ensure the physical protection of Hanford Site special nuclear material (SNM), classified materials, industrial assets, and to mitigate and deter radiological and toxicological sabotage events. The Hanford Fire Chief leads the fire and first responders to prevent or effectively control/mitigate wildland and structural fires, and ensure timely and successful responses to emergency events on the Hanford Site.
- Put in place the governance and operational working practices of the SAS and E&FR department.
- Lead the SAS and E&FR team: Coach, mentor, motivate and empower the team.
- Plan the overall SAS and E&FR services from end-to-end. Monitor and report progress.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintains specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Develop, maintain and enforce departmental policies and standard operating procedures.
- Follow all company and DOE policies and procedures; perform all assigned duties in a safe manner.
- Create and maintain the departmental plan, integrating key deliverables of the program.
- Coordinate and submit deliverables related to SAS and E&FR effort.
- Work with union leadership to develop & maintain common understanding of priorities and issues.
- Report overall departmental status to the leadership at regular intervals and on an ad-hoc basis.
- Responsible for departmental quality, and embed quality processes into operations from the outset.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance, as necessary.
- Identify issues, initiate corrective action as necessary, work corrective actions to final resolution.
- Manage the program risks; embed a risk management process into the program from the outset.
- Review and evaluate job performance of subordinates as well as assess response crews for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Communicate regularly and effectively will stakeholders to include DOE, other Hanford Contractors (OHCs), direct management, and the entire contractor team.
- Coordinate representation of the Hanford Site SAS and E&FR team at local, state and national gatherings. Host gatherings of teams from other locations at the Hanford Site.
- Develop and manage the SAS and E&FR budget: Receive budget information from subordinate personnel, prepare budget estimates, manage to the approved budget.
- Responsible and accountable for the coordinated management of multiple related projects directed toward SAS and E&FR departmental objectives. Approve the project plans of the project teams, negotiating work packages as required. Ensure the delivery of these work packages within the set time, quality, and budget constraints.
- Monitor costs incurred against plans, demonstrate savings through innovative planning and coordinating techniques. Reduce assets in alignment with Site remediation and closure.
- Participate in analysis of cost and schedule specific to the SAS and E&FR scope, write variance analysis to support EVMS format 5.
- Prepare reports to the management summarizing departmental activities and status.
- Bachelors’ degree in related field, such as law enforcement, police science, police administration, or criminology
- Fifteen (15) years’ experience in security or law enforcement administrative and operations (that includes protection of nuclear material) in the armed forces security police or civilian equivalent
- At least eight (8) managing large safeguards and SAS teams on a 24/7/365 operational schedule
- Prior security / law enforcement experience includes a leadership role in configuration and maintenance of physical security systems, information security, and personnel security programs
- Direct management of teams that provide SAS services to multiple stakeholders across a large geographical area.
- Understanding of emergency services
- Must possess and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
- Experience working within, influencing within, and networking within a matrix environment.
- Innovative problem solver.
- Excellent communication and briefing skills.
- Prior program leadership / management role within DOE or as contractor to DOE.
- Experience working at the DOE Hanford Site
- Experience in similar role at another DOE site
- MBA or other advanced degree
Optional program management qualification (PgMP or MSP)
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.